Recipe for wild rice, dukkah egg & pomegranate salad courtesy of Australian Eggs | www.australianeggs.org.au
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2/3 cups (130g) wild rice
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup store-bought dukkah
- 1 cup baby mint leaves
- 1 cup baby coriander leaves
- 2 cups (60g) baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup (40g) toasted flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup (35g) pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried cranberries
- 1 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
For the orange dressing
- 1 orange, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Place rice in a medium saucepan of boiling water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add eggs and simmer for 6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs. Drain and stand in cold water. Crack shells and gently peel. Place dukkah on a plate and roll the eggs in the dukkha. Set aside.
Place rice, mint, coriander, rocket, almonds, pomegranate, cranberries and chickpeas in a large bowl and toss to combine. Place on a large platter.
To make the dressing, place the orange rind and juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle the salad with dressing.
Halve the eggs and place on top of the salad. Sprinkle with extra dukkah to serve.