Here comes the bride! With wedding season about to start now that spring is in the air, that walk down the aisle can come with pressures to look your best. No matter how busy your schedule is, Tiffiny Hall has got you covered with four weeks of quick and easy TIFFXO workouts.
Each week, progress through eight rounds completing each exercise with a 10-second rest. Week one moving for 20 seconds, week two moving for 30 seconds, week three increase to moving for 40 seconds and on week four complete a fitness test by performing each exercise for 10 reps, 9 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps, 6 reps all the way down to 1 rep and then build from 1 rep all the way back up to 10.
1. Core: high knees with boxing oblique twists
Twisting through the trunk helps to slim the waist and work the core and obliques so you achieve beautiful curves through the midsection, while high knees make this move cardio.
- Hands in a guard position snug under your chin, elbows pointing to your hips and your forearms facing the front, run on the spot lifting your knees up high to your belly button.
- Now, add in upper body twists side to side so your elbow meets the opposite knee.
- Remember: knees high, hips forward and most importantly, pull the belly button into your spine to switch on your core. Now lift those knees soldier, high like your heart rate.
2. Arms: Tiff boxing combo
You can do this into a pillow at home, with a boxing bag at a gym or shadow box in a mirror – show yourself who’s boss!
- Stand side on, guard up, light on your feet, and jab twice with your front arm – quick, like a dart!
- Throw a single forward punch with your back arm (the ‘cross’) followed by a hook punch with your front arm (lead with your elbow across your body on this one).
- Finish with two uppercuts – elbows tight against your body, first starting at your chin and leading through to head height.
3. Back: Spiderlady push-ups
The Spiderlady push-up is a variation of the standard push-up, which adds in hip flexion.
- Start in the standard push-up position, but with your arms staggered – one arm under your shoulder and the other arm placed back under your rib cage.
- As you lower your torso towards the floor, bend your elbows out to the side.
- At the same time, lift your foot (the one closest to your arm that is further back) off the floor and bend the knee to hitch it up beside your hip or to touch your elbow (depending on your strength and flexibility).
- You can perform this exercise on the spot, or you can walk a step forward on your hands each time and perform the push-ups moving forward. Really make sure you’re pulling in your tummy to support your back.
- Repeat this action, alternating sides.
4. Legs: Tiff squats
My Tiff-ified version of squats with more fun and more burn. If you have bad knees or ankles don’t extend the leg in the flicking kick motion, simply pick up your knee and crunch it in towards your chest.
- Feet hip-width apart, sink down into a squat and push your bum back so your knees are in line with your toes as if sitting on a chair.
- As you rise from the low squat, do a front kick, leading with the ball of your foot and pushing with your hips. Optional but highly recommended: yell, “haiya!”
- Place your foot back down into the squat position and repeat with the other leg.