Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Lamb | australianlamb.com.au
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 pita pockets, warmed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
- Baba ganoush and tzatziki, to serve
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped mint, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Put lamb, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin into a large bowl; season and mix to combine.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat; cook lamb mince, in batches, if necessary, for 4 to 5 minutes, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for tomato salsa in a bowl. Season and stir to combine.
Serve the mince with pita pockets, tomato salsa, cucumber, baba ganoush and tzatziki. Garnish with extra mint leaves.