The FFA today released the updated schedule for the remainder of the 2019/20 A-League season after the three Melbourne teams were forced to leave Victoria amid the COVID spike and quarantine in Sydney for 14 days.
The initial schedule was meant to see the remaining 27 home and away matches be played in 28 days, but this has since been extended by six days.
FFA’s Head of Leagues, Greg O’Rourke, said they have ensured the revised schedule has the minimal number of changes to the fixtures that were released earlier this month.
“The remainder of the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 season will now see the 27 matches played over 34 days with the Hyundai A-League 2020 Finals Series moved back a week,” said O’Rourke.
“We have been able to keep in place 20 of the 27 matches that we announced previously and the Hyundai A-League 2020 Grand Final will now be scheduled for Sunday 30 August.”
- 27 regular season matches will be played in 34 days (17 July – 19 August)
- First regular season match: Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium (Sydney) Friday 17 July, kick-off 7.30pm
- Last regular season match: Western United FC v Melbourne City FC @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Wednesday 19 August, kick-off 7.30pm
- A-League 2020 Finals Series will begin on Saturday 22 August
- A-League 2020 Grand Final scheduled for Sunday 30 August
- Six venues to be used:
- ANZ Stadium (NSW)
- Bankwest Stadium (NSW)
- CBUS Stadium (QLD)
- Central Coast Stadium (NSW)
- McDonald Jones Stadium (NSW)
- Netstrata Jubilee Stadium (NSW)
- Two double-headers:
- Saturday 25 July @ Bankwest Stadium: Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United, kick-off 5pm; and Melbourne Victory v Western United FC, kick-off 7.30pm
- Wednesday 12 August @ Bankwest Stadium: Perth Glory v Western United FC, kick-off 5.35pm; and Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Melbourne Victory, kick-off 8.10pm
View the full 2019/20 Hyundai A-League season fixture here.
For more stories: