ACT Policing is seeking witnesses to an incident of menacing driving by the driver of a Triton ute with NSW plates across a number of Canberra suburbs on Saturday 20 March.
Between 2pm and 2.30pm, a car turned onto Coulter Drive from Redfern Street in Cook when a grey Mitsubishi Triton utility with New South Wales registration came up behind it.
At William Hovell Drive, the Mitsubishi Triton turned on to John Gorton Drive where it was observed to be driving erratically.
It is alleged the driver of the Triton then followed the car and made several attempts to cut it off as the utility followed the car through streets in Coombs.
At one point, the driver of the Triton is alleged to have exited his vehicle and tried to open the door of the car.
The driver of the Triton stopped following the car when it entered the Tuggeranong Parkway. The car driver subsequently reported the incident of menacing driving to police.
Anyone with information that could assist police is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Please quote reference 6756980. Information can be provided anonymously.
For more news:
- Belconnen High rounding up 50 years of yearbooks
- Plans to plant half a million trees in urban ACT
- ACT dogs to require annual registration under new laws
- Easter changes to wheelie bins, public transport, libraries
- New project supports middle-aged ACT women to avoid risky alcohol use
- ACT’s single-use plastic ban to start in July
- 66yo drug dealer caught selling cannabis to a minor
- Strong Canberra contingent represented in ‘Waterhouse Natural Science Art Prize’