ACT Policing’s Criminal Investigations team are investigating a series of six ram raid style burglaries that have occurred in the past week.
A number of retail outlets have been targeted by what police believe is the same group of individuals.
Since Sunday 11 April 2011, six incidents have occurred.
- Sunday 11 April 2021 about 3.50am – ANU Grocery Store, Acton
- Monday 12 April 2021 about 3.00am – Chemist, Higgins Shops
- Sunday 18 April 2021 about 3.30am – Service station, Deakin (attempt – nothing taken)
- Sunday 18 April 2021 about 4.00am – Service station, Wanniassa
- Monday 19 April 2021 about 1.30am – convenience store, Springbank Rise
- Monday 19 April 2021 about 1.00am- cigarette store, Jamison Shops
Cash and goods from the stores including cigarettes and prescription medication has been taken.
Two vehicles believed to have been used in these ram raid incidents (a maroon Ford Territory and a silver Hyundai Elantra) have been recovered by police and are undergoing forensic examination.
Police urge anyone with information about these incidents including any recent offers of cheap cigarettes or prescription medications to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Information can be provided anonymously.