It’s a pizza party at CW this week! Food writer Libby Kimber shares two recipes that a put a twist on one of everyone’s favourite dishes.
Blackberry, rocket and goat’s cheese pizza
- 7g dried yeast sachet
- 250ml warm water, plus extra for consistency
- 3 cups plain flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 60g goat’s cheese
- 2 cups rocket
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts and/or chopped almonds
- 1 punnet fresh blackberries
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water, set aside and let stand for 15 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor, and, using the plastic dough blade (or equivalent), pulse briefly. Add the liquid ingredients slowly and process for the next 2-3 minutes, or until the dough just begins to come together to form a ball that looks and feels like playdough. Remove and turnout onto a clean floured surface and knead for 4-5 minutes. It should be a soft, smooth, elastic, ball that bounces back when pressed.
- Lightly oil a large glass bowl and the dough ball. Place the dough in the glass bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave to rise in a warm place for approximately 1-2 hours or until doubled in size. For a better crust, punch down and knead again, reshape the ball and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 220°C and cut the pre-prepared dough into 4 equal portions. On a floured surface, knead each portion again, shaping into a round ball. Place each ball onto a lightly floured surface and roll from the inside to the outer edge to form a round shape (or your desired pizza shape), around 3-5mm thick. Prick with a fork then top with your desired pizza toppings, starting with the pizza sauce, prosciutto, grated mozzarella cheese, goat’s cheese, fresh blackberries, and then a sprinkling of nuts. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until cooked through and golden. Top with fresh rocket leaves.
Recipe and image courtesy of Megann Evans for Fresh Aussie Berries | freshberries.com.au
Broccolini chorizo pizza
Serves: 4 | Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1/3 cup tomato passata
- 1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 chorizo, chopped
- 2 x 22cm pizza bases
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Place a large flat tray into the oven. Preheat the oven and tray to 220°C fan forced.
- Combine the passata, chipotle chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with salt and pepper in a small food processor. Process until well combined.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oil, the remaining lemon juice and the green onions together. Set both aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and sauté for 3-4 minutes until light golden. Add the broccolini and sauté for a further 1 minute.
- Spread the passata mixture over the pizza bases. Top with chorizo and broccolini mixture. Place onto the hot tray and bake for 5-7 minutes until the base is crisp around the edges. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and bake for a further 2-3 minutes until melted.
- Spoon over green onion mixture, season with pepper and serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of Perfection Fresh