The ACT has once again recorded no new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, for the eighth day in a row.
The update comes as Canberrans adjust to the new, slightly eased restrictions announced on Friday 8 May. Gatherings of up to 10 people are now permitted, on the proviso physical distancing and hygiene measures are observed.
The ACT’s Chief Health Officer Kerryn Coleman warned that although restrictions have been eased, now is not the time to lose focus, calling on Canberrans to follow distancing and hygiene guidelines.
“I have said on numerous occasions, failing to follow the physical distancing and social gathering restrictions can undermine all of our hard work very quickly,” Dr Coleman said.
“I want us all to remain focused on our personal responsibility to comply with these requirements and on maintaining good hand and respiratory hygiene to prevent a new wave of COVID-19 in the ACT.
“As we’ve seen overseas, it only takes one mistake or lapse in concentration from the community to result in a new outbreak.”
Chief Minister Andrew Barr said last week that eased restrictions on gatherings was not a licence to gather all your mates and “party”.
“House parties with people from multiple households could undermine all that we have achieved,” he said.
The number of negative tests is now at 12,260, up from 11,832 yesterday (11 May) and 9,722 on 5 May.
The ACT’s total of confirmed cases still stands at 107, and all 104 recovered cases have completed self-isolation. The death toll remains at three.
More information can be found here.