Spiced butter sauce
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups raw caster sugar
- 300ml pure cream
- 200g salted butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 30ml Appleton Estate signature blend
- Jamaican Rum
- 15ml Licor 43
- 1 single shot L’OR Espresso Papua intensity 7
- Double thick cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Chocolate or coffee wafer stick
- For the spiced butter sauce base, place the golden syrup, brown sugar and 60ml water in a large frying pan over a high heat and cook, agitating the pan occasionally, until the sugar has melted. When the sugar is bubbling, reduce heat to simmer until the caramel reaches 121˚C.
- Remove from the heat before adding the cream and butter, whisking until the butter has melted. Stir in the spices and leave to cool completely before transferring to a squeeze bottle or container.
- To serve, pour around 20-30g of spiced butter sauce into a serving glass and swirl to coat the sides. Pour in rum, Licor 43 and a freshly brewed single shot L’OR Espresso Papua intensity 7 (using espresso setting). Finish with a spoonful of thick cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon. Garnish with a coffee wafer and an extra drizzle of spiced butter as desired.
Recipe by Manu Feildel for L’OR.
For more recipes to enjoy: