Police arrested a 23-year-old Wanniassa man yesterday morning (Sunday 4 October) following reports of a number of cars break-ins in Franklin.
Around 3.10am yesterday, police attended the intersection of Patrick White Circuit and Daniels Street and arrested the man after a short foot pursuit.
A search of the man revealed a number of stolen items as well as a small concealed kitchen knife.
The man will face the ACT Magistrate’s court today, Monday 5 October, charged with two counts of theft, possessing a knife without a reasonable excuse and breach of a good behaviour bond.
For more news stories:
- ACT votes: meet your candidates
- ANU, Optus join forces for bushfire detection
- Canberra author steps us through the Spanish flu
- Top travel agent wins Australia’s most sexist remark 2020
- E-cigarettes a gateway to conventional smoking: ANU
- Genetic differences impact your heart health
- Limited trans-Tasman travel bubble to start soon
- The icing on the cake: get baking for RSPCA Cupcake Day