A 55-year-old man has been extradited from Queensland to the ACT to face a historic act of indecency charge.
ACT Policing will allege the man committed an act of indecency on a child under the age of 16 years at a residence in the ACT in the mid-1990s.
The man, who resides in Ipswich, Queensland, was served a summons in relation to the charge; however, failed to appear before the court.
With the assistance of Queensland Police Service officers, the man was arrested in Ipswich and investigators attached to the ACT Policing Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Team extradited the man to the ACT to face the charge.
The man is expected to face the ACT Magistrates Court today, Friday 19 March, on one count of committing an act of indecency on a child under the age of 16 years.
For more news:
- Op shops do their bit diverting textiles from landfill
- Self-determination vital to Closing the Gap
- Cane toad found at nursery, threat eliminated
- Feed the yellow-lid bin right: Recycling explained
- 2021 Canberra Citizens of the Year rise to the challenge
- Calls for federal government to get moving on Heart Foundation funding