Police arrested a 22-year-old Holt man on the weekend (Saturday 22 August) in connection with a burglary in Gordon.
The man is scheduled to appear in the ACT Magistrates Court today, Monday 24 August, to face a range of charges including firearm, theft and arson offences.
ACT Policing will allege the man was one of three armed offenders who entered a unit on Matson Street around 3am on Wednesday 12 August.
They threatened the occupant and stole a number of items, including a black Mazda CX5, before fleeing the scene.
Police later located the stolen vehicle burnt out in Symonston.
The man was charged with:
- Two counts of joint commission theft
- Common assault
- Reckless threat to kill a person
- Possess ammunition generally
- Carry/use firearm – improper manner in/on premises
- Unlawful possession of stolen property
- Attempted aggravated burglary – intent to commit theft
- Aggravated burglary – intent to commit theft
- Joint commission take motor vehicle without consent
- Joint commission arson building/vehicle
Anyone with information regarding the burglary is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Please quote reference 6595505. Information can be provided anonymously.
For more crime stories: