A total of 1,214 awards were announced on Sunday 9 June for the Queen’s Birthday 2019 Honours List including 993 recipients of awards in the General Division of the Order of Australia.
The awards recognise the contributions and service by outstanding individuals from right across Australia and in many fields. Local recipients include:
- Companion (AC) in the General Division of the Order of Australia: Mr Dennis James Richardson AO.
- Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia: Mr Martin Gerard Bowles PSM and Emeritus Professor Andrew Peter Hopkins.
- Officer (AO) in the Military Division of the Order Of Australia:
- Royal Australian Air Force: Air Vice-Marshal Tracy Lee Smart AM.
- Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia: Emeritus Professor Neville Frank Exon; Ms Lisa Kim Filipetto; Mr Craig James Hamilton; Mrs Margery Heather Henderson; Ms Daryl Ann Karp; Mr Warren Leslie King; Ms Mary Anne Kirk; Mr Michael John Lynskey; Mr Peter Ross Martin; Ms Louise Mary Mayo; Dr Helen Margaret Moore; Ms Kathryn Palmer; Professor Barbara Ann Pamphilon; Mr Andrew Michael Phelan; Dr Peter John Read; Distinguished Professor Dharmendra Prakash Sharma; Ms Margaret Eileen Twomey; and Ms Theanne Rae Walters.
- Member (AM) in the Military Division of the Order Of Australia:
- Royal Australian Navy: Commodore Darron John Kavanagh CSC RAN and Warrant Officer Gary William Wight.
- Australian Army: Colonel James Bruce Brown; Colonel Michael Robert Kennedy; Colonel Katherine Susan Sowry; and Brigadier V.
- Medal (OAM) of the Order Of Australia in the Military Division:
- Royal Australian Air Force: Wing Commander Jeffrey Howard.
- Public Service Medal (PSM):
- Federal: Dr Roslyn Kay Baxter; Mr Robert John Bollard; Mr Ryan Alexander Fernando; Mrs Sarah Jane Hitchcock; Ms Michelle Anne Lauder; Ms Hilary Margaret Manson; and Ms Beverley Maree Sims.
- Australian Fire Service Medal (AFSM):
- ACT: Mr Stephen David Perry and Mr Rohan Bernard Scott.
- Ambulance Service Medal (ASM)
- ACT: Ms Megan Emmeline Davis.
- Emergency Services Medal (ESM)
- ACT: Mr Andrew John Gradie.
- Distinguished Service Cross (DSC):
- Australian Army: Colonel Robert Kent Calhoun.
- Distinguished Service Medal (DSM):
- Australian Army: Colonel Mark Christopher Ascough CSC and Lieutenant Colonel Grant Arthur Chambers CSM and Bar.
- Commendation For Distinguished Service:
- Australian Army: Major Timothy John Hurley and Lieutenant Colonel Simon Martin Vella Bonavita.
- Royal Australian Air Force: Squadron Leader Simon Frederick Longley.
- Conspicuous Service Cross (CSC):
- Royal Australian Navy: Captain James Riley Lybrand RAN and Commander Viktor Pilicic RAN.
- Australian Army: Colonel Christopher Kenneth Alder; Lieutenant Colonel Nicholas Brown; and Lieutenant Colonel Edward Ronald Stokes.
- Royal Australian Airforce: Group Captain Nicholas Alexander Hogan.
- Conspicuous Service Medal (CSM):
- Royal Australian Navy: Warrant Officer Johansel Avery; Lieutenant Lachlan James Blair RAN; and Commander Samuel Robert Woolrych RAN.
- Australian Army: Warrant Officer Class Two Alan Edward Bungate.