- 150g drained and rinsed canned young jackfruit
- 200g drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 200g canned diced tomatoes
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 2 tsp harissa paste (or chilli sauce)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle sauce
- 3 Tbsp cashew cream cheese
- 200g corn chips
- 40g (½ cup) finely shredded red cabbage
- Coriander leaves
- Pickled red onion
- Sliced pickled jalapeños
- Lime cheeks
- Place the jackfruit, black beans, tomatoes, capsicum, harissa and paprika in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium and add 80ml (⅓ cup) of water. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 minutes. Season to taste with salt and mash the jackfruit using the back of a fork to break it up.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado with three-quarters of the lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Combine the chipotle sauce and cashew cream cheese in a small bowl and stir through 1-2 teaspoons of water and the remaining lime juice to loosen the mixture to a pouring consistency. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Construct your nachos on a serving platter. Start with a layer of corn chips, then spoon over the jackfruit and black bean mixture and smashed avocado. Top with the red cabbage, then scatter over a few coriander leaves and slices of pickled red onion and jalapeño. Drizzle over the chipotle cashew cream cheese and serve with lime cheeks.
The Global Vegan by Ellie Bullen, published by Plum, RRP $34.99. Photography by Ellie Bullen.
For more recipes: