Easter is just a hop away so why not entertain the kids with some Easter themed projects? Pull out your bunny ears and try these two fun activities to get in some egg-cellent spirit.
DIY Easter Basket by Zoe Gilpin
What you need:
- Gorilla Glue Spray Adhesive
- Gorilla Glue Clear Grip
- Assorted baskets
- Decorative coloured rope
- Various Easter themed decorations
- Assorted faux floral and foliage
- Decorative shredded paper
- Give the inside of your basket a generous coat of Gorilla Glue Spray Adhesive. Allow it to get tacky and then add in your shredded paper. This will help keep it in place.
- Using Gorilla Glue Clear Grip, add on the chosen decorations to the basket.
- Add rope to the handle, Easter themed decorations and foliage around the rim or outside of the basket.
- Build up layers by adding larger decorations followed by smaller ones, finishing with foliage. Faux is a great option for this project but you could also use dried florals as well.
Tip: Picking up some super cheap baskets for just a few dollars each from a second-hand store works great for this project and keeps it inexpensive! Use any size, shape, style of basket you can get your hands on.
How to make bunny faces by Bunnings
What you need
- Fine black permanent marker pen
- Foam craft sheets
- Pipe cleaners
- PVA glue
- White paper cups
1. Cut out bunny ear shapes from the foam and stick onto the inside of the paper cups with glue. Using a fine marker pen, draw bunny faces onto the cups under the ears.
2. Using scissors, cut pipe cleaners to desired length of whiskers (we got three whiskers from one pipe cleaner). Using the sharp tip of the scissors, poke two small holes into each cheek of the bunny faces.
3. Push pipe cleaner whiskers into each hole, bending the ends on the inside of the cups to hold them in place.
Tip: Always supervise littlies when projects require the use of scissors, sharp items, or hot water.
For more Easter treats: