Glam up your garden to throw the perfect spring party.
Light the way
- It’s not a garden party without a few lights! Drape fairy lights through trees and bushes – the more the better!
- Hang festoon lights above the eating or the party area; perfect for an evening-to-night garden party.
- Complement your fairy lights with solar lanterns hanging in the trees or floating in the pool.
- If you’re setting up a dining area, use candles on the table to create a welcoming feel.
- To welcome guests, hang some lanterns out the front of your home or line a path on the ground leading your guests to the backyard.
Dress it up
- Pick a theme for your table setting or the style of your space; think pastels, florals or mix up a range of styles for an eclectic look, e.g. mismatched plates paired with gold cutlery and crystal-style glassware gives a creative vibe.
- Early Settler Furniture suggests “If you’re preparing a table setting, create a unique centrepiece using native Australian florals. Mix fresh and dried banksia, bottlebrush and eucalyptus for a vivid display of pinks, oranges and purples that looks super modern yet fabulously retro at the same time.”
- If you’re not setting up a table, consider using some outdoor rugs, throws and cushions to create a comfortable seating area on the ground. Using up-cycled pallets as tables gives your guests somewhere to rest their food and drinks.
- For the finishing touch, string up some garlands or bunting that matches your colour theme.
- Make sure your guests are entertained! Consider setting out some lawn games for them to try their hand at such as croquet, Jenga, noughts and crosses or dominoes.
Freeze edible flowers into ice cubes to include in your guests’ drinks!