- 1 bunch English spinach/green veg/Cavalo Nero
- 25g blonde roux (method below)
- 270ml fish stock
- 300g diced fish; ling or blue eye
- Fennel seeds
- Black pepper
- Pie pastry
- 30g flour plain
- 30g butter
- Sauté off greens and cool.
- For the roux, melt butter add flour then cook out using a spatula until blonde in colour.
- Slowly add stock to roux to make a thick sauce. Add diced fish and poach in thick sauce, add spices and seasoning to taste. Add greens and allow to cool.
- For the pie, line a pie tin with pastry then add filling and cover with pastry. Apply egg wash and bake at 190°C for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of The Fish Butchery’s Paul Farag. The Narooma Oyster Festival’s cooking demonstrations are on Saturday 4 May 10.15am-3pm. Tickets available via naroomaoysterfestival.com