Gather the family in the kitchen, it’s Easter baking time! Food writer Libby Kimber has sourced this sweet recipe for Easter s’mores.
- 1 packet (250g) milk arrowroot biscuits
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 packet marshmallows (you’ll need 23 in total)
- 500g milk chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp copha, melted
- Sugar decorations and edible sprinkles
Preheat oven to 170°C (150° fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place 15 biscuits with flat side up onto the prepared baking tray. Spread each biscuit with 1/2 teaspoon jam and top with 1 1/2 marshmallows. Bake for 3 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to soften; remove from oven and cool slightly; sandwich with remaining biscuits (there will be one biscuit left over, which you can give to your little helper), press gently, ensuring filling doesn’t ooze out the side. Cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Line another baking tray with baking paper. In a small bowl, mix together the chocolate and copha. Using two forks, dip biscuits into the mixture, allowing excess chocolate to drip away. Place onto the prepared tray. Allow to set.
Pour remaining melted chocolate into a zip lock bag; snip the corner and pipe thin decorative shapes onto biscuits; sprinkle with decorations.
Recipe by Bettina Jenkins, culinary expert from Winning Appliances
- These make lovely gifts: simply pack in cellophane bags, tie with ribbon and place an Easter gift tag on each bag.
- They keep well in an airtight container or can be refrigerated for a chilled snack.
For more recipes like these Easter s’mores: