If you’re left with dozens of small chocolate Easter eggs at home, here is a resourceful way to put them to use by making a spiced vegan hot chocolate.
- 400ml (scant 1 3/4 cups) sweetened soya milk
- 100g dark chocolate (dairy-free), broken into even pieces
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 unwaxed orange
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Heat the soya milk, chocolate and sugar in a large saucepan over a low–medium heat for 4–5 minutes until the chocolate has melted, whisking throughout.
- Whisk in the orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until gently frothy.
- Pour into mugs and serve hot.