A nearby witness to a car fire narrowly escaped injury when a homemade incendiary device in the vehicle exploded in Dunlop early yesterday morning, Saturday 19 September.
ACT Policing is seeking witnesses and footage following the vehicle arson incident.
About 3am, ACT Policing and ACT Fire and Rescue responded to reports of a vehicle fire in Polwarth Circuit, Dunlop.
At the location, ACT Fire and Rescue extinguished a fire inside a Mazda 323.
The windows of the vehicle had been smashed with a rock and a homemade incendiary device had been placed in the vehicle, causing an explosion and the subsequent car fire.
A witness to the incident was in proximity to the vehicle when the device exploded and narrowly escaped injury.
AFP’s Bomb Response Team attended and rendered the area safe.
AFP Forensics attended and examined the vehicle, seizing the remains of the device for further examination.
Anyone with information or CCTV or dash-cam footage that could assist police is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Please quote reference 6634404. Information can be provided anonymously.
For more news stories:
- Brumbies claim Super Rugby AU title with thrilling victory over Reds
- ACT Policing roll up their sleeves for Red Cross blood challenge
- Qantas adds more flights between ACT and Queensland
- Getaway: Go west to Wagga Wagga
- ACT Labor to match Liberals fund on hazardous materials
- Liberals want to return ‘Canberra refugees’ from Queanbeyan and surrounds
- Queensland opens its border to ACT