Try this delicious recipe custard apple and pear crumble to treat yourself.
- 2 medium custard apples
- 4 ripe pears (800g), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp (15g) rapadura or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (70g) wholemeal, spelt or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra for baking dish
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly brush a standard 22cm pie dish with a bit of olive oil.
- Scoop custard apple from the skin and remove seeds. Discard seeds and skin. Combine custard apple flesh and sliced pears in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle fruit with the ginger, salt, sugar and lemon juice, and toss gently to combine. Tip into the prepared pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine all crumble topping ingredients and stir until oats are evenly coated. Sprinkle crumble over fruit.
- Place the baking dish on a tray to catch any drips and bake crumble for 30 minutes, until fruit is bubbling and topping is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of yoghurt or ice cream.
Recipe and image courtesy of Custard Apples Australia | custardapple.com.au