The cocktail hour is a staple of the wedding scene. CW food writer Libby Kimber shares cocktails and canapés this week, for all your wedding day inspiration needs. Get experimental and switch out the alcohol to create mocktails for your guests as well.
Tikka lamb kebabs
Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Lamb | australianlamb.com.au
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 120g natural yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup tikka paste
- 1/3 cup lime juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 600g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 3cm cubes
- 200g baby tomato medley, quartered
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 80g baby salad leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Flaked almonds, toasted to serve
- Long green chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
- 4 naan breads, warmed to serve
Combine yoghurt, tikka paste, 3 tbsp lime juice and half the coriander in a large snap-lock bag. Season, add lamb, rub to coat and set aside for 10 minutes. Thread lamb onto skewers and place on a plate.
Heat a large, lightly oiled char-grill or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, if necessary, for 2-3 minutes per side, until slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Set lamb aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes to rest.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber and salad leaves. Drizzle with remaining lime juice and olive oil. Season and toss to coat.
Sprinkle lamb with remaining coriander, almonds and chilli. Serve with salad, extra yoghurt, lime wedges and naan bread.
Recipe and image courtesy of Linen House | linenhouse.com
- 750ml of your favourite rosé
- 2 cups strawberry flavoured vodka
- 5 cups lemon-lime soda
- ½ cup sugar (rapadura sugar, stevia and coconut sugar are all great options)
- 20 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
Gently stir together the rosé, vodka, sugar and half of the strawberries in a large jug. Refrigerate for up to six hours.
Add the soda and the remainder of the strawberries, stirring gently.
Serve in a tumbler or martini glass over ice – drop in an edible flower and garnish with a lime slice. Don’t forget, this drink is best served with fabulous company!
Recipe and image created and developed by The Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
- 5 sage leaves
- 45ml The Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- 90ml freshly pressed pineapple
- 30ml freshly pressed lime juice
- 10ml pineapple and almond syrup
- Grilled pineapple wedge, to serve
Salt half the rim of your glass.
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain, serve over ice.
Garnish with grilled pineapple wedge and sprig of sage.