Celebrate World Chocolate Day on Sunday 7 July, and start the day off right with some delicious chocolatey (and vegan!) breakfast recipes.
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 very ripe banana
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Mayver’s peanut butter
- 3 Medjool dates
- Blend the dates and the almond milk until they are well combined and there are no chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the cacao powder, date/almond milk from the blender and the banana. Mash the banana through the mixture with a fork.
- In a non-stick frypan over medium heat, cook the pancakes for approximately 2 minutes either side.
- Blend the sauce ingredients together and serve over the pancakes.
Recipe and image courtesy of Rebecca Young for Mayver’s.
Chocolate mousse smoothie bowl
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- ½ frozen zucchini
- ¼ avocado
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 cup Califia Farms unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 serve vegan chocolate protein powder
- Handful ice cubes
- Cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with cacao nibs, raspberries and shredded coconut.
Recipe by Jess Sepel for Califia Farms.